Problem solving is one of the most important quality methods. Effective problem solving can lead an organization to effective processes that result in continual improvement and customer satisfaction. On the other hand, ineffective problem solving can result in wasted resources, repeat problems, containment activities and dissatisfied customers.
ENGINEERED WORK SYSTEMS proven problem solving courses have been delivered at many manufacturing organization with outstanding measureable results.
Problem solving is a systematic process for taking action to resolve an issue. In ISO/TS 16949, clause 22.214.171.124, states that ai??i??ai???The organization shall have a defined process for problem-solving leading to root cause identification and elimination.ai???
Problem solving isai??i??
- Finding the root causeai??i??why did the event, non-conformance, or defect occur? Basically, what went wrong? What is the cause the problem?
- Making changesai??i??identification of corrective actions, based in prevention, that preclude, mitigate or eliminate the root cause.
- An opportunity for improvement
Problem solving is notai??i??
- Fire fightingAi??Ai?? – find and fix or quick fixes in reaction mode
- Band-Aid fixes resulting in a cause that will predictably reoccur.
- Adding ai???off-lineai??? operationsai??i?? adding secondary and tertiary inspection or operations andAi?? containment, such as sorting
- Forming a conclusion firstai??i??.and then working backward to support the conclusion