PROBLEM SOLVING – OVERVIEW
This is a course that will provide you with the ability to conduct effective problem solving and root-cause analysis back in the workplace. Discussion points include: rational, experiential and creative strategies to resolve both common and special cause conditions in the work environment. This course is fully compatible with quality strategies, such as, ISO/TS 16949:2009, and other OEM specified quality systems.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
- Define the term technical problem.
- State the goal of technical problem solving.
- Explain the difference between prevention and detection.
- List the steps in the technical problem solving process.
- Describe how to form a multi-disciplinary technical problem solving team
- List the problem statement tools and their applications.
- List the root cause analysis tools and their applications.
- Explain the difference between short term and long-term corrective action.
- Explain prevent recurrence.
- Explain linkages to FMEA.
- Apply the problem solving process.
- Explain Plan-Do-Study-Act
- Explain the linkages between problem solving, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/TS 16949:2009
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for all members of a problem solving teams.
. Duration and Format:
- 1 Day
- Facilitated Discussion with activities