GD&T ai??i?? Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing ai??i?? Basics
This course covers the fundamentals of GD&T, per the 1994 ASME 14.5M specification. This overview of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is intended for those who desire a basic introduction to the topic of GD&T. The history of GD&T in industry is explored. The course explains the benefits of GD&T in product design by clearly communicating the design intent.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
The course explains;
- The concept of datums and proper datuming
- Material modifiers symbols
- Profile and positional tolerance
- Participants will be able to recognize and interpret the major GD&T symbols, understand their meaning and the reasoning behind the system.
Who Should Attend:
This course is recommended for Manufacturing, Design, Quality, Reliability, and Tooling engineers and technicians.
Duration and Format:
- 1 Day
- Discussion using examples to reinforce concepts