DESIGN FMEA – FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS
This course covers the elements of Design FMEA. Each element of the FMEA is explained using workgroup activities. Special attention is given to assessing severity, occurrence and detection values for failures and special characteristics.Ai?? The course utilizes the methodology described in the AIAG – FMEA Reference Manual.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of Design FMEA
- Explain how to analyze potential failure modes, their effects, and develop an action plan to ensure these failure modes are addressed prior to design release
- Explain the links to key design documentation; characteristics matrix and DVP&R
- Define the basic elements of the Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Identify the objectives of an FMEA
- Identify the keys to successfully completing an FMEA including root cause analysis techniques
- Describe how to use the FMEA for continual process improvement
Who Should Attend:
Design FMEA is required by ISO/TS 16949:2009 to be conducted as a multi-disciplinary activity. This course is recommended for Program Managers, Manufacturing and Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Research and Development and Product/Design Engineers, and Tooling engineering.
Duration and Format:
- 1 Day
- Interactive discussion with activities