BASIC BLUEPRINT READING
. Course Description:
How to interpret a technical drawing is an essential skill to anyone involved in industry,
especially prior to learning GD&T. This 2-day Basic Print Reading course is designed
for those who need an introduction to drawing interpretation.
- The role of prints in industry
- Types of graphic representation
- Basic steps in reading a print
- The “alphabet” of line types
- Orthographic projectionai??i??visualizing the 3D part
- Interpreting title block
- Notes and revisions to a drawing
- Auxiliary and section views
- Dimensioning and tolerancing
- Manufacturing specificationsai??i??screw threads, surface finish, etc.
All training is in accordance with ASME standards. Your group will be able to practice
these concepts with many class exercises and evaluation of sample drawings.
Participants are also encouraged to bring drawings to the class for discussion.
Who Should Attend:
All personnel who have a role in the reading and interpreting customer prints and
Duration and Format:
1 Day Workshop