This course teaches participants how to use advanced product quality planning to take new product development process from design concept to a successful launch. This course covers the fundamentals of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and utilizes the methodology described in the AIAG -APQP Reference Manual. This course provides an overview of the APQP methodology.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
- Explain the role of planning in the quest for quality
- Explain the importance of the APQP process and its benefits
- Explain the process of a timing plan.
- Identity the basic steps in launch the APQP process for new products and processes
- Describe the five phase approach to quality planning
- Explain the role of a multi-disciplinary team in the planning process
- Explain how to track concern resolution and improvement
Who Should Attend:
Those who have responsibility for development and introduction of new products or a new product realization process. Additionally, program/product managers, quality managers, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, APQP team members and others who have responsibility for process standardization and improvement can benefit from this seminar.
Duration and Format:
- One day
- Facilitated discussion with activities