This course teaches participants how to use advanced product quality planning to take new product development process from design concept to a successful launch. This course covers the fundamentals of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and utilizes the methodology described in the AIAG –APQP Reference Manual. This course provides an overview of the APQP methodology.
Upon completion of this session participants should be able to:
- Explain the role of planning in the quest for quality
- Explain the importance of the APQP process and its benefits
- Explain the process of a timing plan.
- Identity the basic steps in launch the APQP process for new products and processes
- Describe the five phase approach to quality planning
- Explain the role of a multi-disciplinary team in the planning process
- Explain howAi?? to track concern resolution and improvement
Who Should Attend:
Those who have responsibility for development and introduction of new products or a new product realization process. Additionally, program/product managers, quality managers, design engineers, manufacturing engineers, APQP team members and others who have responsibility for process standardization and improvement can benefit from this seminar.
Duration and Format:
- One day
- Facilitated discussion with activities