APQP ai??i?? Advanced Product Quality Planning is the new product and process design and development cycle that starts with a concept and ends with product and process validation, PPAP. It addresses the iSO 9001:2008 and ISO/TS 16949:2009 requirements for planning found in Section 7.1 and automotive sector-specific customer requirements.
The APQP methodology for includes five sequenced phases that identify the tasks and activities that are needed to ensure that customer requirements are identified and satisfied. The phases for APQP are;
- Phase One ai??i?? Plan and Define (concept)
- Phase Two -Ai?? Design and Development of the Product
- Phase Three ai??i?? Design and Development of the Process
- Phase Four ai??i?? Product and Process Validation
- Phone Five -Ai?? Feedback Assessments and Corrective Action
Engineered Work Systems provides proven training courses in two formats;
- APQP Overview ai??i?? This is course is a facilitated discussion format that uses activities to explain the use of the APQP methodology. This is a one-day course. It is lead by experience instructors who have experience in the implementation of methodology as well as the associated tools and techniques identified in theAi?? AIAG ai??i?? APQP Reference Manual.
- APQP Workshop ai??i?? This workshop use workgroup activities and experiential learning to explain and demonstrate the use of the APQP methodology. This a two-day workshop. It Ai??is lead by experience manufacturing professionals who have first-have experience with implementing the APQP process. These instructors also experienced in the use of the core tools methods and techniques, including;
- SPC ai??i?? Statistical Process Control
- MSA ai??i?? Measurement Systems Analysis
- PPAP ai??i?? Production Part Approval Process
- FMEA ai??i?? Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
Implementation of an effective AQPQ Process ensures that the organization has designed and developed products and processes that that are capable and provides for input to the continual improvement of the planning process.
Engineered Work Systems also offers course for each of the automotive core tools methodologies. Information regarding those courses is also available o n this website.